Sunday 10 July 2011

Turkish doors window and door started

I woke up ridiculously early this morning, so decided to make a start on the base colours of the window and door. 


In the image I'm painting from, the paint has badly peeled off, and reveals a much paler blue on the doors. Having spent a week in Kalkan, I've seen first hand the vivid blue they paint their doors, I also saw lots of evil eye warding off totems - in jewellery, embedded in the concrete pavement and in doorways. Its a shame this doorway doesn't have one, I might add one in, I'll have to see.


I spent this afternoon trying to buy an outfit for the Queen's garden party I'm going to next week - sadly, unsuccessfully, so I'll have to try again later this week.


Anyway, here's what I've done so far:



No comments:

Post a Comment