Thursday 31 May 2012

Visit to Oxfam offices

I've had an interesting day today - a couple of weeks ago I received and email from Harriet in the Manchester office:


"I wanted to drop you a line and say hello - I am Oxfam's regional fundraiser, based out of our Manchester office, and recently became aware of the fantastic fundraising you are doing through your artistic talents! It would be really great to meet you in person and see if there is anything I can do to support your activity. We are so grateful for your support! " 


I wanted to tell you about it, cos its you who make it possible by donating to Oxfam for my paintings. I went to Manchester and met with Harriet and Vic, we talked for about an hour - me explaining why I do this (because I can, because people in Chad are my neighbours as much as the person at no. 9 where I live, because if we all did just a bit, the world would be a better place), how it all started and about you, the people I paint for.


They have invited me to an exhibition at Manchester Art Gallery in July (to look, not exhibit!) and have offered all sorts of support if I ever want to hold a local event.


I feel very privileged to do what I do, its entirely thanks to you that over the last few years people have been given the means to produce their own food - you've purchased flocks of goats, herds of cows, a classroom, school dinners, seeds, all sorts of life's essentials.


Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment